- If there are two versions of you, the salesperson and the civilian, people will see you as disingenuous. There must be only one you.
- Relate to people exactly as you are.
Imperfections are not seen as reasons not to do business with you. Just
the opposite, your willingness to be transparent is seen as vindication
that you are the genuine article--a trustworthy individual one can
reliably do business with.
- Tell your clients and prospects what they don't want
to hear when you believe that the painful medicine will be in their
best interests. They may be upset with the messenger in the moment of truth, but you will stand out from the yes-men when the dust clears.
- Always carry yourself with great pride, knowing that a salesperson is a "prince of the company."
Others can work the books and make the factory hum, but as IBM founder
Tom Watson said, "Nothing happens unless a sale is made." And you're the
one who makes that happen.
- Prospects are not doing you a favor by making time to see you.
I always view it as their good fortune to see me. I have ideas. I bring
solutions, experience and knowledge. I'm not there for favors. I'm
there to help grow their business. I'm confident my company can
accomplish that. I don't act or mean to be cavalier. I just know that the smart people I'm privileged to work with can deliver, and that confidence is always contagious.
- Sell yourself before you enter an initial meeting.
Send the prospect a copy of an award, a media clip, a paper you
wrote--anything that distinguishes you as a person of importance and
authority. By establishing your credentials in advance, you change the
entire dynamic of the meeting. You're not simply another salesperson.
You are a force to be reckoned with.
- Remind yourself that prospects need you even more than you need them. They are the ones with the needs. You are the one with the solutions.
At Front Row CRM we believe in the sales rep and built a CRM from the ground up as a mobile system. This allows the sales rep to complete and submit sales reports in less than 60 seconds from any mobile device, leaving more time for selling. We have added features to help the sales reps be more productive and improve compliance, including data and information retrieval, note review, location and directional maps, contact information, camera integration, sync with Outlook or Google PIM and more.